CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Angel's Landing

On Friday my parents and I went to Zion's and hiked Angel's Landing. It is a 5 mile round trip hike and you ascend 1500 feet. This is what it looks like from the bottom. This is a poster showing the switchbacks and the ridge you hike up to get to the top. It doesn't do it justus. It was a pretty hike and something you gotta do at least once in your life. I would not take any kids, they should at least be 12 I think before they should go. At least one person falls and dies a year on this hike. But it is sooooo cool. The pictures make it look scarier than it really is too. I never really got scared but there were a few places where it was a little scetchy.
Pictures from the hike up and back.


The amazing view from the top.


We found this cool hole in the rock and thought it was a fun picture spot.




That night we went to Tuachan to see The Sound of Music. It was the coolest weather we have ever had there. I didn't even use my personal mister and fan that I usually use non-stop when we have gone in the past. There was also thunder and lightning throughout the play. It was really neat. They didn't even have to use sound effects for the thunder right before the "My Favorite Things" song.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I've heard that Angel's Landing is a pretty scary hike. I'm glad you had cooler weather down there! You're really lucky! Awesome pictures!

Kristin said...

That is awesome. The last time I was there, a man that was staying in our same hotel fell from Angel's Landing and died. I have never felt brave enough to want to try it. Short people have a fear of heights.